Tips and Recommendations:
• Make use of the sample applications that are available on our website. Review the sample application to know what information is needed before filling out the iRIS application.
• Make sure the additional sign-offs are routed correctly at the end of the Initial Review Submission form. The help document in the last section of this form has step by step instructions on how to correctly complete these steps.
• Review the help documents. Many of the answers to questions are in the help documents. They are continuingly being updated based on the questions review board staff receive.
• Ask questions. If you are not sure call any of the review board staff. Your questions will also help up improve and update the help sections in iRIS. Every section of the application includes help contacts.
• Review board staff recommends that Initial Review Submissions be submitted 5 business days (not including holidays) before the respective deadline. This will give review board staff time to pre-review and give research staff time to respond to changes before the deadline. **Note: submissions must be complete by the review board deadline to be placed on the agenda.
• Do not use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS in any form at any time; also do not name documents in all capital letters. (With the exception of the study Acronym).
• When citing the protocol use the page numbers on the document itself. Avoid using the PDF page numbers. If a reviewer should print out the document, the PDF page numbers might not be correct.
• Submit all documents (Except Consent Forms) as PDF files. All EH desktop computers running Windows 7 are capable of converting documents to PDF.
• Make sure the version date and the version number entered in iRIS when uploading a document matches the document being submitted.
• When revising a document make sure to update the Version Date and Version Number.
Search Clinical Trials
For information on individual clinical trials including description, contacts, financial disclosures, please click here